The Newton County School System serves the entire county including the five municipalities of Covington, Oxford, Porterdale, Mansfiled, and Dearborn. The 25 schools are organized into:
- Thirteen elementary schools (PreK – 5)
- Five middle schools (6-8)
- Three high schools (9-12)
- Newton County Theme School at Ficquett (K-7)
- Challenge Charter School (6-9)
- Newton College & Career Academy (11-12)
- Ombudsman Alternative Education Program
More than 19,000 students are enrolled in Newton County Schools this year.
Visit the official website of the Newton County School System here.
About This Site
This site was designed by the Covington News to provide an overview of the Newton County School System. The News ran an in-depth 24-part series that highlighted each school, elementary, middle and high.
About The Covington News
The Covington News is a community based tri-weekly newspaper that serves the citizens of Newton County, Georgia as it has since its inception in 1865. The News has won a myriad of awards for the wide-ranging coverage it provides its readers. As the legal organ of the county, The News is the source of local information for Newton residents.